Day 8- Eric Edmonds

 Day 8 was originally scheduled (last night's plans) to start with a mile run for my progress time. However, I woke up very sore and fatigued which is something I was scared of since I took a day off on Sunday. I started in the gym at 11:00 A.M and performed the upper body workout I have been doing:

warmup

  • single arm circles 30s e side

  • phelps flaps

  • push ups 

  • superman swimmers 

  • plank

Working sets

bench 6-8 reps x 4 sets

incline Db bench 10-12 reps 3 sets

shoulder press 4 sets x 6-8 reps

seated rows 3 sets x 10-12 reps

neutral grip pull-ups 

abs/core stability


I did some additional stretching and finished around 12:40. I am working on doing more core workouts after my lifts because it is an area I have noticed needs some improvement. 

Time in gym: 1 hour 40 minutes

I then went out to the field after lunch and a little bit of rest at 2:15 P.M I did some personalized winger drills after some ball mastery work. I was going to do some shuttle runs but my legs were just feeling very heavy all day and decided not to. Ross agreed when I checked in like I do everyday in the gym after the field session. I was out there until 3:30 and got kicked off by JV Lax. 

Time at field: 1 hour 15 minutes

Like I said I checked in with Ross at 4:15 and he suggested some mobility and stretching for the rest of the day, which I agreed with. I did the yoga and mobility routine for soccer players and then some mobility from the foam roller. I left the turf strip at 5:15 P.M. 


Time at gym: 1 hour

Total Time: 4 hours


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eric Edmonds- Week 2 Reflection

Eric Edmonds- Day 11

Day 2- Eric Edmonds