Edmonds Project Day 1

    My first day of project period consisted of gym and field work. I needed to get my times for the mile(6:02 seconds), 100 meter(12.1 seconds), and 300 meter(58.4 seconds). This was very important information because these are the times I will be comparing to on my final day. I got to the gym at 10 A.M and did a R.A.M.P warm up on the turf strip along with a stretch (Raise, Activate, Mobilize, Prepare). This took about 20 minutes as I am being very cautious of injuries because of all the stress I am going to be putting my muscles through for the next two weeks. I ran the mile on the treadmill, but for my second test I will be running outside with an app on of my peers told me about that tracks your speed and time. After the mile I went out to the field to run the 100 and 300 meter and recorded my times. After this I got some ball work in with some close dribbling drills. This took me to around 12:00 P.M when I took a lunch break. I went back to the gym to preform my explosive leg routine designed for soccer speed and endurance. Preforming the workout below:


Barbell back squats- 3 sets x 6-8 reps 205


Slow controlled box jumps: 33inches 4 sets


Weighted jump squats: 20 pound DB’s 4 sets x 8-12 reps


Jump band pull ups: 3 sets x 10-12 reps


Hours: 10-12, 12:45-2:45 

Comments

  1. Looks good. The warmup will be important to maintain. Build the habit and it will help keep you out of the training room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eric Edmonds- Week 2 Reflection

Eric Edmonds- Day 11

Eric Edmonds- Week 1 Reflection