Eric Edmonds-Day 7

  Day 7 started at 9:45 with about a 20 minute stretch/muscle activation warmup. I did 10 minutes on the bike before I got into the leg workout below:

  • Back squats 3x6-8 225lbs

  • Box jumps 3x6 33in

  • Weighted jumps 3x8 20 lbs DB’s

  • Assisted jumps 3x8

 - split squats E/legs 6 reps superset RDL’s 6 reps

  • Splits squats 6 reps E/leg superset Split jumps 6 reps E/leg

I was able to get through the workout at 5 pounds heavier on most lifts. I went up in weight because I did 8 reps on most of my lifts for last week, and so I upped the weight five pounds and did sets of 6. This is the system I usually do when I lift. I stretched out and got out of the gym to lunch at around 12:15

Total Time in Gym: 2 hours 30 minutes

Next I took about 30 minutes to rest after lunch to get my mind and body back on the same page and got out to the field at 1:45. I did a longer warm up as I did in the morning because I had my rest day yesterday and I wanted to ensure my body was ready for the field session. I did three drills that I performed with and without the ball to tire out my legs. My last drill was finishing from close in to keep stressing technique when the muscles are fatigued. I worked until 3:15 and then headed into the gym after a quick shower to check in with Ross and do the yoga for soccer players routine. 

Time at Field: 1 hour 30 minutes

Time at gym: 35 minutes (30 minutes yoga 5 minutes backwards walks)

Time Total: 4 hours 35 minutes 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eric Edmonds- Week 2 Reflection

Eric Edmonds- Day 11

Day 2- Eric Edmonds